The YTA’s vision is to create a community that taps into the power of yoga to change attitudes, lives, and ultimately the world.
To implement this vision, we:
- create programming that cultivates curiosity and expertise in many different traditions, modalities, and styles of Hatha yoga and related practices.
- foster an inclusive atmosphere that promotes diversity among presenters, teachers, participants, and students within the YTA and beyond.
- provide experiences that enhance and inspire individuals' yoga practices and/or their teaching.
Our core values include:
- Service: We enthusiastically volunteer our time, talent, and effort in order to provide top-quality instruction that stimulates interest in the philosophy of yoga and its practices.
- Learning: We embrace the concept of the beginner’s mind and encourage eternal curiosity on the path of personal development.
- Community: We acknowledge and celebrate our connections to one another on this shared journey.
- Mindfulness: We act with an awareness of and compassion for each individual’s personal journey, past, present, and future.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome all within the YTA and hope to be a catalyst for tolerance and acceptance in the world of yoga and beyond.